* Castleneuk Guest House is located in the village of Castleside (near Consett) on the A68 near the County Durham and Northumberland border, on the edge of the Durham Dales and North Pennines AONB.
* We are ideally situated as a base to explore areas such as the Durham Heritage Coast, Hadrian's Wall, the North Pennines and Beamish Museum, and only around 1.5 hours from the Lake District National Park. The historic cities of Newcastle and Durham are around 16 miles away. Click here
for more information on the local area.
* The C2C (Sea to Sea) long distance cycling route is just under 1 mile south of Castleneuk by turning onto the A68 at Rowley, or cut across country and come out in Castleside itself.......we are then just 200 metres away!
* Many outstanding walks accessible from right outside the front door, linking to long distance routes if you fancy something more demanding, and a with a wide variety of heritage sites within easy reach we think you will be totally spoilt for things to do during your stay!
* Enjoy fabulous views across open countryside (the North Pennines) from our dining room and patio areas.
* Relax in the guest lounge with comfortable sofas, maps, books and games, or with a cup of tea/coffee on arrival.
* Evening meals are available - click here
for our sample menus. Packed lunches also available on request.
* Drying room available.......just in case (!) together with a secure covered area for bikes.
* Castleneuk is pet friendly! Please advise us at the time of booking if you intend to bring your pet with you so that we can allocate a room accordingly and George (our rescue Labrador Cross) will be on hand to welcome any new 4-legged friends.
* Food is an important part of any stay at Castleneuk and we endeavour to use local, fresh produce combined with home baking and cooking. We are happy to cater for special diets, with gluten free cooking our speciality - please notify us of any requirements at the time of booking to help in our preparations.
* Castleneuk is strictly a no smoking property, but guests are welcome to use the outside garden areas in which to smoke.